HTML5 is still not complete. The work is still in progress, but almost all the browsers support HTML5.
The development of HTML5 is based on the below rules.
- The need for external plugins like flash should be reduced as much as possible.
- Error Handling should be improved.
- Scripting should be replaced with more markups.
- HTML5 should be able to work on all devices (Device Independant).
- General public should be able to see the development progress.
New Features of HTML5
- In HTML5 document declaration is made easy. Specifying <!DOCTYPE html> is enough.
- New elements are added to reduce the need of external plugins like <canvas>, <video>, <audio>, etc.
- New elements are added to reduce the use of plain <div> like <article>, <footer>, <header>, <nav>, etc.
- New Form elements are added.
The New features of HTML5 will be discussed in the later tutorials.
Next Lesson > HTML Canvas